1 day. This is an essential introduction to desktop publishing and graphics software featuring Adobe InDesign 2024. This is a class where you get answers to all your questions on what you need to know to accomplish a graphic design or publishing project.
If you have little or no experience with desktop publishing or graphics applications or operating computers, we highly recommend this class.
- Getting familiar with the layout software environment
- Organizing your main tools and docked panels
- Organizing content onto Layers and why we do it
- Using shape drawing tools for text and graphics
- The purpose of Parent pages for things that repeat
- Placing and arranging text and graphics on a page
- Making and applying paragraph styles and character styles
- Principles that make good-looking layout and typesetting
- Editing objects using the Control panel and/or the docked panels
- The CMYK printing process illustrated and explained
- The RGB screen/device publishing process explained
- How to export your design for print or screen devices
- When to use InDesign versus Illustrator vs Photoshop
- Terminology and history are explained
- Keyboard shortcuts that speed up your project
- Resources that speed up your learning and experience
Suggested Follow Ups:
Reserve today! Click for our Onsite Custom Training Request form.